Monday, April 12, 2010

So Busy!

Hello, everyone! I apologize for not posting in a while, but work has been so incredibly busy!!! A lot has happened within the last 3 weeks--and I’ll definitely be sharing more with you through several posts over the course of the week. I hope all is well and that you’re enjoying the wonderful spring weather wherever you are.

All right, so I’ll backtrack to about three weeks ago. If you recall in my previous post, I mentioned to you all about my amazing opportunity to work with Dr. Jouejati, the scholar from Syria who specializes in Syrian politics and is also an expert on the Arab-Israeli conflict. I was working with him on a presentation that he was planning to give on a simple comprehensive overview of the issues that have created instability in the Middle East, namely the Arab-Israeli conflict. The talk was given at the Elliott International School in George Washington University in front of military officials attending the National Security Studies Program. Despite the broad nature of the lecture and discussion, I found it to be very informative. For those not interested in political science and international relations, I’ll spare you all the details, but for those interested I’d love to share with you all that I learned.


Two days later, I went to visit my good friends Brandon and Bobby in Philadelphia for the weekend.  When I got there on Friday evening, we immediately made our way over to what was considered the best soul food restaurant in Philly called Ms. Tootsies.  When my friend told me we were going there, I didn’t really know what sort of atmosphere to expect, but when I walked in I was surprised to see the restaurant set in a formal setting with Harlem Renaissance artwork all over the walls.  Our meal was served to us on very fancy china plates, and we feasted on fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, collared greens, string beans, and cornbread.  It was absolutely delicious, and it was definitely money well spent.  The next day, we spent most of our day walking around South Street in Center City.  It was a great place to walk around because there were so many different little shops and other places to eat.  Of course, no experience in Philly would be complete without eating a Philly cheesesteak, so we spent our lunch eating at a local restaurant that only served different varieties of cheesesteaks.


Again, I’m so sorry for not having updated this blog for a while but now that work will be a little less hectic, I’ll be sure to make up for the last few weeks.  Until next time, take care, and hope you all have a wonderful day.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment